The latest information from IBM Cloud covers:
Consolidating Complex Environments
Consolidating legacy infrastructures into a single data centre uses fewer components. This results in:
- Improved infrastructure efficiencies.
- Centralized management
- Lower capital and operational costs
Backup and Disaster Recovery
NetApp AltaVault is an enterprise-class cloud-integrated appliance. In the IBM cloud, NetApp AltaVault backups data and boosts recovery times, cuts costs and reduces risk. Users will benefit from:
- Security & compliance: data is encrypted at all times.
- Seamless integration with other backup software and the IBM Cloud object storage services.
- Accelerated cloud adoption
- Increased efficiency due to reduced data volumes and built-in WAN optimization.
IBM Cloud uses bare metal servers equipped with Intel TXT. This allows for hardware-assisted security technologies that will lay a secure foundation for your platform. Securing CloudWorkloads means:
- Building chains of trust from hardware through to the hypervisor.
- Ensuring that hardware and pre-launch software are secure.
- Providing location-based controls to enforce regulatory compliance.
To find out more about VMware on the IBM cloud, click here.