Results Washington is Washington state government’s data-driven performance management and continuous improvement system. Its excellent website lists the results of 32 government improvement projects including:
- Cutting wait times for public records at the departments of Transportation, Licensing and Financial Institutions
- Saving more than 2,000 hours of staff time at the Department of Licensing
- Reducing the time it took to review child support payments from 20 days to one day and saving $126,000 a year in paper costs
- Cutting the average number of days to review a tax assessment from 33 days to seven days, saving the state more than $200,000 in interest payments as taxpayers received refunds faster
- The Department of Labour and Industries reduced by 18 percent the amount of time it takes to review and issue a determination to employers who request variances from published safety rules
And that’s just a small sample. In all, you can review the results of over 50 projects in areas such as Education, Environment and Economy along with case studies, the latest Lean thinking and past performance reports.
To learn more, hear from Wendy Korthius-Smith, Director of Results Washington on November 3 at the Lean Government Summit in Ottawa. Wendy will share how the state has improved their approach to continuous improvement through cycles of experimentation and enterprise-wide collaboration so that you can learn how to get similar results in your organization.
Register today at a cost of $695 + HST/person at: lean.agility.com/leangovernmentsummit