John Manzoni, the head of the U.K. public service, will be the keynote speaker for APEX’s annual Symposium, May 26-27.
The association for public sector executives is trialling a novel approach to its annual conference. For the first time, the symposium will take place in four cities simultaneously – Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver – each with featured speakers and original content, but all networked to create a common experience.
In line with that connected theme, Manzoni, the Chief Executive of the Civil Service in the United Kingdom, will participate from London. Appointed in October 2014, the former executive with British Petroleum will engage in a virtual conversation on reforming the public service, discussing some of the themes that cut across his broad mandate, which includes:
• getting a better deal for taxpayers from commercial decisions and supplier management;
• the digital transformation of public services and the way government works;
• ensuring the civil service has the best people with the right skills;
• making better use of government property;
• managing major projects to better deliver on time and on budget; and
• obtaining greater use of shared services across departments.
For more information, please visit: http://www.apex.gc.ca/en/services/symposia