Guest host, Lori Turnbull, Deputy Editor, Canadian Government Executive welcomes very special guest Michael Wernick, former clerk of the Privy Council and Secretary to the Cabinet, currently Senior Strategic Advisor at MNP. Together, they dig into the hot and stressful topic of Spending Reviews – how they work, how they’re designed and their impact over the longer term.
Also in this episode:
- Is the modern Spending Review somehow a different undertaking?
- How urgent is the challenge from a fiscal perspective?
- What sort of problems do we have with debt and deficits?
- What are some lessons learned from past reviews?
- Can the government improve while cutting?
- What are the positive opportunities of the Spending Review?
- And much, much more!
Want to hear even more from Michael Wernick?
Check him out at the DX Summit on May 26, 2022 where he will be a keynote speaker!